NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strange experience
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:18 am 

Yesterday I'm was upgraded from NASLite-SMB to NASLite+.
While I was doing, it happens some strange problems. When I first time booted the NASLite+ CD everything went well, but after saving the configuration appeared in the screen:
Disk-1 Found a partition
and nothing happen, just the hard disk led lights nonstop. I was waiting for an hour, but nothing happens. After I was try the whole procedure again, and I got the same.
So I was decided to move back to NASLite-SMB, The NASLite-SMB do the same, but not stopped (the led now was blinking), and after a half hour, the box was running. Then I was shut down the box, change the floppy and I booted from CD. Surprisingly at this time everything went well, and the NASLite+ was operational. OK. But then when I was configuring the NFS mount on my local webserver and my desktop (both using Ubuntu Linux) the NASLite+ freezed, and I can't get console nor localy nor via network, so I had to turning off the machine.
And when I was restart the box, the same happend: the NASLite+ not booted - stopped after Disk-1 Found a partition. And I was booted from the NASLite-SMB floppy, and after booted again from the CD, and now is working everything.
Is there any idea why cant boot NASLite+ if necessearly the disk check, and what should went wrong with the NFS mount?