NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:58 pm 

Hello,

Before anyone starts on me ... I realize how silly it is to make a request at the eleventh hour and yes, I will also complain if v 2 takes too long to be released but I'll ask for this just in case it is rather easy to add.

Would it be possible to add the "client"/monitor part of Network UPS Tools ( http://www.networkupstools.org/ ) to monitor and initiate the shut-down of NAS Lite based on the NUT server messages.

The "monitor" is rather small/light and it would be a great addition. NUT would reside on the main computer and signal the monitors to shut down when the UPS battery was getting low.

What do you think ?

(PS) I can hear your sigh/scream Tony ... and I'm in Canada :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, we did give it a lot of consideration and UPS monitoring code should eventually be included in a NASLite product. Ralph was the primary advocate of such capability, but with all the new code in v2, we had to hold some items for later.

This will not be in the initial release of v2, but is scheduled for inclusion in a minor v2 release along with a number of other items that some consider essential.

Hope that is acceptable ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:42 pm 

wow, Tony, 3 posts in a row, triple-click after triple-espresso or triple-shot of something strong :D

Sorry, if this is off-topic, I just could not resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:33 pm 

Tony wrote:
Actually, we did give it a lot of consideration and UPS monitoring code should eventually be included in a NASLite product. Ralph was the primary advocate of such capability, but with all the new code in v2, we had to hold some items for later.

This will not be in the initial release of v2, but is scheduled for inclusion in a minor v2 release along with a number of other items that some consider essential.

Hope that is acceptable ;-)

Acceptable !?!? Acceptable !?!?!? - We have to wait for this, we have to wait for that ... we have to wait for the v. 2 release - for crying out loud, what do you guys want from us ???

All kidding aside. Absolutely ! I am glad it was dicsussed. I would appreciate it if you gave some thought to using NUT, but we can talk about that we you guys get there.

Now get back to work ! Let's get v. 2 out !!!

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:27 am 
Site Admin

vadim_s wrote:
wow, Tony, 3 posts in a row, triple-click after triple-espresso or triple-shot of something strong :D

Sorry, if this is off-topic, I just could not resist.

Something like that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:29 am 

Greetings !

Just so that Tony doesn't think my post was just a short passing thought ... now that 2.02 is out and work is underway on 2.03, ... or even 2.1, I wanted to see if there was any more thought about introducing UPS code, or better yet, support for Network UPS Tools ?

Thanks.