NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 am 

I have been struggling to get Acronis True Image Home 2013 backup software to address my NASLITE-2M server with no success. I can log into the server by either Run 192.168.1.2 or by Telnet 192.168.1.2 and I can move individual files to and from NASLITE-2M. I can log into NASLITE-2M from any computer in my MSHOME workgroup on my Windows network. I cannot however seem to properly address the NASLITE-2M server from Acronis True Image 2013.

For example should I address it from the Acronis windows program using UNC \\My Server\\Disk-0 ? or should I use \\192.168.1.2\Disk-1 or should I use some other address? I have also tried \\My Server\shares on 192.168.1.2\disk-0 and many other combintions and permutations!! There must be a better way than just guessing!

In the network configuration section of NASLITE-2M I have set the Network Address to 192.168.1.2 and the name to My Server. I am running Windows XP(SP3) on some of my networked computers and Windows 7(SP1) on others. The router is a Linksys E2500. Naslite-2M is running on and Intel D945 board with two 2 Terrabyte hard drives that are being properly recognized by NASLITE-2m

I have been interacting with the Acronis user group and they are suggesting that my problem is providing the proper address to Acronis as the backup destination.

In my earlier server I used NASLITE-2 and an earlier version of Acronis True Image Home and installation went without a hitch. No so now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Floyd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 am 

SUCCESS!!!! By continuing my random search for addresses that might work in Acronis TI 2013 as a destination, I found that ftp://192.168.2:21/ worked. The hard part was the 21 which came from clicking on the "New FTP Connection" box on the Acronis screen brought up by Browse.<br /> This box didn't work, but it gave me the number 21 which I was able to append to the IP address as the destination address in the browse window. Hence: ftp://192.168.1.2:21/
</p>
<p>An easier way I later found is to select Browse to locate the back-up destination, then select My Network Places, DOUBLE left click on FTP Connections, then DOUBLE left click on the network address, in my case 192.168.1.2. You need to DOUBLE left click. This opens a new screen showing disks available on the Naslite-2M NAS. DOUBLE left click on the one you want. A new screen appears showing the files on the selected disk. At the lower left corner of this screen is shown the name of the file you are backing up, in my case Local Disk C. At the bottom right of this screen, click on back up now.

Floyd