NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:02 am 

I know that this isn't eBay, and I wouldn't post this here except for the fact that there are only a small number of people who even understand what this is, and most of them are on this forum. You can email me directly if you have any other questions at tromper727@yahoo.com to keep any further posts off the forum.

I have a custom NAS enclosure that is running NASLite-2 off of a CF card booting off an IDE adapter. Here are the specs.

-Yeong-Yang YY-021B Cube Server Case (this thing is bulletproof)
-Tyan K8E Server Motherboard (4 SATA Ports)
-Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939 low power CPU w/
-512MB ECC memory
-Promise SATA TX4 Controller (4 more SATA ports)
-NVidia DVI Video Card
(-2) 4-Bay Addonics 4SA Removable Disk Arrays
-Seasonic S12-600 600W high efficiency PSU
-CF card with IDE adapter and working (and legit) NasLite-2 booting off

Everything works perfectly, NASLite boots fine, the SATA controllers don't fight, etc. I have tested it with 8 drives. Everything is under warranty, I bought most of the parts in May/June when I was building it for a small business venture that I am no longer involved with. I could probably break it up and sell it on eBay for the same price but I'd really rather that someone who is looking for a big NAS be able to at least take advantage of the build and design effort (I probably spent hours just looking at CPU and PSU power consumption stats :) ). I am asking...

$500 firm + actual shipping (probably $30-ish) for everything above (original cost was $1000+)
$800 for everything above + 4 x 300GB Seagate SATA drives with 4.5 years remaining warranty

The box is priced roughly the same as some of the 4-Bay NAS appliances, but this setup is going to be much higher performance and capable of twice the storage. Thanks for your time.