NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:53 pm 

Hello all, after looking around and not finding an answer I thought I would post. I have just purchased the NASLite+ for CDROM. An after booting up and setting all the configurations I tried to save the config to the floppy, but I just get "Configuration not saved".

That started my search, I can change all the values such as IP address, Password, Workgroup and the name of the server; It will save those values to the floppy just fine. But when I enter the License that i was given which NASLite tells me is valid, it will not save the config.

I have tried a different floppy thinking that it may be hardware but get the same results,

Anyone with any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:05 am 
Site Admin

What you are describing makes no sense. The admin interface has no logic to selectively save the config based on existing parameters. Configuration will save or will not and it will not only if you have hardware issues.

I'll take a look at the floopy disk, floppy drive. cable, etc. I'll also try it on alternate computer (without touching the drives obviously).

Hope that helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:47 pm 

Makes no sense to me either, but it happens! Can change betwork settings, workgroup, and name of server it will save those changes, But after entering the License I just get "Configuation settings are not saved"
Took your advice and found an older gateway PC that had not been touch and I get the same results. So I've tried a different box, and in the original one I have had 3 different floppy drives with different cables as well, Always with the same result.
Any other tricks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:17 pm 

OK problem solved, I can not believe it was an issue of having the caps lock on. Y versus y for yes, thank to JPMG in the following post. in the NASLite USB forum.

http://www.serverelements.com/phpBB2/vi ... 82ae966dd2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Code:
Y versus y

Glad you are up and running ;-)