NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:06 pm 

I hate to bring this up here but... Three days ago I send an email using the "form" at http://www.serverelements.com/contact.php. So far there has been no response. Is this normal? Can anyone tell me how long should I expect it take before receiving a response?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 am 

Still no response. I just sent another message using the form and an e-mail to the moderator (Ralph). Does anyone else think this is really bad form for them.

Also has anyone noticed that there is no contact info on the web site other than the form and the forums. No street address or e-mail addresses nada. At least not that I could find. While the product clearly works as advertised I starting to really wonder about them. At this point I can no longer recommend the product.

Signed an irate customer…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Harvin,

Server Elements receives hundreds of emails daily. Some are urgent and we attempt to handle those promptly. Some are reasonable, but can wait, so that creates a bit of a backlog. Others are simply unreasonable and get shelved. I apologize for the delay, but between Ralph and I, we have to manage time between development and support. We don’t have a staff of 20 to delegate to.

You purchased NASLite+ for which I sincerely thank you. Then you sent an email asking that your purchase be replaced for the suite as made available by the sale.

We often offer special promotions on different websites. That is one form of marketing that we consider vital. In this case we posted the offer on our own forum. We did not post it on our homepage for a reason. Those promotions are obviously targeted so not every one will see them at any given point in time. It’s no different than a coupon. If you don’t pass it on to the server, the server will not display the offer. Does that mean we should credit everyone for purchasing our product full price while there are active offers? I think that would be an unreasonable expectation.

Quote:
Also has anyone noticed that there is no contact info on the web site other than the form and the forums. No street address or e-mail addresses nada. At least not that I could find. While the product clearly works as advertised I starting to really wonder about them. At this point I can no longer recommend the product.

What exactly is your point? Are you suggesting that Server Elements is less than honorable? This website is an internet-based business with a downloadable product. What exactly does our mailing address contribute to that? Do a domain lookup if you really wonder about us. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:55 pm 

As you have decided to address this in an open forum here goes.

You asked "What exactly is your point?" It was two fold. One is that usually a company, even an internet one, will list a mailing address or at least a city/state and contact email addresses. It should not be necessary to do a domain lookup to get basic information about a company. However the main one was to see if a little dig would get a response as several other attempts did not. That seems to have worked. I wish it had not come to that. Any yes I now know there are only two of you so I can understand your workload. Been there, done that and more power to you for it.

As to the promotion I believe I stated that I saw it on the forum and that was why I placed the order. Not that I found out about it after placing the order. If I didn't make that clear I apologize for that. It was late, I was tired and rushing to get to bed and some how I got messed up on the url. Also I did NOT ask for a credit for the difference, only what I had intended to order in the first place. That was to make it easier on you (less paperwork). :wink:

OK now it's your turn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Harvin wrote:
As you have decided to address this in an open forum here goes.

You asked "What exactly is your point?" It was two fold. One is that usually a company, even an internet one, will list a mailing address or at least a city/state and contact email addresses. It should not be necessary to do a domain lookup to get basic information about a company. However the main one was to see if a little dig would get a response as several other attempts did not. That seems to have worked. I wish it had not come to that. Any yes I now know there are only two of you so I can understand your workload. Been there, done that and more power to you for it.

As to the promotion I believe I stated that I saw it on the forum and that was why I placed the order. Not that I found out about it after placing the order. If I didn't make that clear I apologize for that. It was late, I was tired and rushing to get to bed and some how I got messed up on the url. Also I did NOT ask for a credit for the difference, only what I had intended to order in the first place. That was to make it easier on you (less paperwork). :wink:

OK now it's your turn.

Hi Harvin,

What's puzzling is, generally in the past when a customer has placed a wrong order, they email us immediately with thier error. When I received your email I looked at our download logs, what I found was you downloaded the software right after you received our download email, then the following day it was downloaded from another IP address, after that we received your email, at what point did you realize your error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:06 am 

First off thank you for your response Ralph.

The short answer is I contacted you as soon as realized and investigated it on my end. I did not have time to burn the CD until the next day and then realized that something was not right. At first I thought that maybe there was some issue with the link for the download. Hey I understand things to go wrong sometimes. So giving you the benefit of the doubt I tried downloading it again. Seeing that it was the same file I when back and reread the e-mail from you and realized what had happened. I also went back and tried to figure out how I got off on the wrong URL but I had no luck on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:44 am 

I'm still waiting for your response Ralph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:12 am 

Gentlemen,

I have attempted to be open, honest and profession in my contacts with you. However you have been acting like Microsoft. I feel that you believe that I am trying to cheat you. I am not. I have explained exactly what happened and answered all your questions. You seem to want to ignore this in the hope it will go away.

Furthermore I made the purchase mainly to support a small(?) outfit with a really good product. I don't actually need it as I own several copies of MS Server.

I am STILL waiting for your response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:25 am 

Tell you what I think here.

I am getting fairly tired of your whinning. Fair bet others are as well and just to nice to say so but I'm not. You F-d up and now expect the guys to give you a refund. You do this when there is a major new release that they are trying to get out and complain when they are not "Johnie on the spot" with a response. I bought their software and payed full pop, the price was well worth it. As I recall I had to do a fair amount of clicking and verifying of the amounts to make the transaction go through. Are you suffering from a problem that precludes you from being able to read? I think the Microsoft reference is rather misplaced on these two and in poor form as well. If I were either Ralph or Tony I think I would be very unlikely to help you any now. Do you honestly think the whole of their time is centered around answering your call for a refund for your being tired and not reading? We have insurance and lawers here in the USA because of people like you that are not willing to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:39 am 

mikeiver1 wrote:
Tell you what I think here.

I am getting fairly tired of your whinning. Fair bet others are as well and just to nice to say so but I'm not. You F-d up and now expect the guys to give you a refund. You do this when there is a major new release that they are trying to get out and complain when they are not "Johnie on the spot" with a response. I bought their software and payed full pop, the price was well worth it. As I recall I had to do a fair amount of clicking and verifying of the amounts to make the transaction go through. Are you suffering from a problem that precludes you from being able to read? I think the Microsoft reference is rather misplaced on these two and in poor form as well. If I were either Ralph or Tony I think I would be very unlikely to help you any now. Do you honestly think the whole of their time is centered around answering your call for a refund for your being tired and not reading? We have insurance and lawers here in the USA because of people like you that are not willing to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Mike

Mike I second that,

Harvin, If your so keen on using the microsoft analogy try telling Bill you were tired and made a mistake and really wanted XP pro OEM but you accidentally ordered Server 2003 full retail and see what he says. I mean jesus its $25 it's a KFC family bucket or a couple of beers and a sandwich if you have enough dough to own several copies of MS server $25 aint gonna hurt is it? And don't even think about replying with the "it's the principal" thing cos it was you who made the error so deal with it and move on. Tony and Ralph are working flat out to get Vers 2.0 released and there is only Tony and Ralph so cut them some slack.

This is the best forum I've ever had the pleasure in being a part of :) and the guys on here will help out as much as possible and then some, but most of us have an affinity to NASlite and to serverelements and take it personally when someone comes on trying the big I am. You want help and advice this is the place, you want to make some constructive suggestions to improve NASlite and the services provided we're listeneing, but if you want to slag off the products and make accusations about Serverelements and its staff because you screwed up then this definately is not the place to be doing it.

I'll just step down off my soap box now and go stand quietly with the others :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:12 am 

Thanks Wilbur,

Nice to hear I am not the only one!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:49 am 

Quote:
make accusations about Serverelements and its staff because you screwed up then this definitely is not the place to be doing it.

Mike & Wilbur,
if you took the time to read the entire post you would have seen that there was a couple emails that were not responded to and that Tony made this public with his response.

I too have had emails not returned from them (Tony..ect), and any email i send out to a company i spend $ with is not "simply unreasonable".

so wilbur, when you mistakenly make an addition error on your bank deposit in the banks favor it is then
Quote:
you who made the error so deal with it and move on
. Think about what you say before you say it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I too have had emails not returned from them (Tony..ect), and any email i send out to a company i spend $ with is not "simply unreasonable".

Hi Smartmoney,

We get on an average, over 100 emails a day from both customers and people, companies inquiring about the product. Since there's only two of us, certain emails have priority over others, and some may never be answered due to their sillyness.

If you would like a job, I'd be glad to speak to you about email tech support. If you can handle answering 12-20 emails per hour, for 8 hours, we'll be able to answer all mails queries in a more timely manner. :)

Thanks for your concern.

-Ralph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

smartmoney wrote:
Quote:
make accusations about Serverelements and its staff because you screwed up then this definitely is not the place to be doing it.

Mike & Wilbur,
if you took the time to read the entire post you would have seen that there was a couple emails that were not responded to and that Tony made this public with his response.

so wilbur, when you mistakenly make an addition error on your bank deposit in the banks favor it is then
Quote:
you who made the error so deal with it and move on
. Think about what you say before you say it :)

Well,

I am pretty sure that your "bank" comparison is out of context considering the realtionship between Server Elements and a customer. That however is not what bothers me about your post. I'm more interested in finding out a bit more about your emails that we did not answer. I'm pretty comfortable with our logs and records so I appologise if it slipped by. Can you please post your questions and I'll be glad to answer them here. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:29 am 
Site Admin

Hi Smartmoney,

Could you private message Tony or I with the email address you used to contact us with, the email address you used to register on the forum came up with 0 hits, including a purchase.

We archive every piece of mail sent and received, and I would like to investigate why you didn't get a response from us.

Thanks