NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Naslite 2 Update?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:53 pm 

Any chance we could get an update on the Naslite 2 development progress? I'm very interested in the new feature set for version 2. I will be purchasing Naslite, but I need to know how far off version 2 is from going GA?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Gramps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:35 pm 

Yes, can we get an update or an educated guess when or if V2 will be released................Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:42 pm 

I, too, am interested in this information!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:06 pm 

Hey drew. :)

"Me too".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys,

I know that NASLite-2 is a hot topic and I know that we appear to be tight-lipped about it. Currently, the beta testers have what we think is a very stable beta and a probable release candidate. The beta version is what will become NASLIte-2 USB. There are 2 other versions planned: CDD and HDD, that will run off of CD-ROM or HD/Compact Flash respectively.

The latter two will obviously be based on the USB core, so as of this writing they don't exist.

The next step is for us to release the manual to the beta testers, which will essentially complete the beta material required for finalization. The manual is still under development. There are a number of new features that need to be clearly explained. Due to it's improved capability and support NASLite-2 is somewhat more complex and requires a bit more sophisticated instruction for proper deployment.

I suspect that we'll release the USB before the other 2 versions due to demand, however at this point there is no set release date. I'll go out on a limb and say that if everyting goes as planned and time permits, NASLite-2 will be available very soon, perhaps within a month, but that can change should some things fail during testing.

Anyway, allow me to thank you for your patience and sopport. Ralph and I are confident that you'll find NASLite-2 to be a great improvement and worth the wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:33 pm 

Awesome news Tony! Good luck with the beta testing. Can't wait to see what's new =)

Post subject: Update / upgrade
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:30 am 

Will there be a possibilty to get the new release at a reduced cost or even free if one own's a 1.x version of NASLite+.
(I'm thinking about buying a 1.x version right now but only if the is a decent possibilty to receive the 2.x version).

TIA
Kelsey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:35 pm 

same question as Kelsey, any idea on pricing/upgrade policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 am 

Same here, particularly as i bought it at full price a month ago, and then saw it half price for the anniversary sale. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:27 pm 

willsy wrote:
Same here, particularly as i bought it at full price a month ago, and then saw it half price for the anniversary sale. :(

Look on the bright side....you are helping to keep the project alive. Personally, I think if it sold for double the amount of the current price, it would still be a bargain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:50 am 

Don't get me wrong it was definitely worth the money,excellent piece of software - easy to install and configure plus (fingers crossed) rock solid stable, it's just the Scottish side of me twisting. :wink: