NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:39 pm 

I bought NASLite+ earlier today. Received 2 e-mails with the second having the download link. I followed that link, downloaded the ISO, and burned it onto the CD.

I booted off this CD, NASLite+ started, and got to the initial menu. When I try to log on as admin, the password of 'nas' as mentioned in the manual doesn't work. I get invalid password, and it goes back to the log on prompt.

Also, I see that the next step (if I do get to log on), is to enter registration code. However, I don't see that code in either of the 2 e-mails I got.

I also want to mention, that when NASLite+ was booting I got some message such as not being able to mount and not finding some file (I believe it was /etc/password).

Any ideas what could be going on.

Thanks,

-- Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:23 am 

Found my own answers :D

The problem with the password was related to the floppy drive connected incorrectly. I found this answer following some searching in the forums. I'd recommend this to be in the FAQ section or become a sticky. This was very perplixing to say the least.

The license was right there on the download page. For some reason I assumed that it would be in the e-mail confirmation, at least that what I got previously with other software packages I purchased online via a download.

In any event, I seemed to have resolved my two issues but I got a new one :D I cannot access NASLite server from a my notebook that is a part of a domain. I have no problems accessing it from my desktop which is a member of the same default workgroup. When trying to mount the drive on the machine that's the member of a domain, I'm getting a dialog box for logging in. I tried admin/PASSWORD (where PASSWORD is the password I changed the default one to), but no luck. I had no problems getting to NASLite box via FTP from the domained machine using anonymous login.

Thanks,

-- Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:53 am 

Once again extensive search through the forums yielded the result :D

I found how to use "net use" command on domain machine. Once, I run this command, I can navigate to the disk on NASLite via Network Neighbourhood. That works for me.

Sorry to have not done extensive forum search before posting.

-- Alex