NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice addition
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:03 pm 
- Include a floppy disk utility to allow booting on machines unable to boot from USB

I remember some users asking for a Kicker disk to Boot a USB pen.

I see that its been added. Well done!

As I dont have this package I cant comment more but it proves Server Elements listens.

Eden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:41 am 

Hi Eden,

So am I right in thinking that even if your motherboard doesn't boot from usb the floppy kicker facility can give you the USB option?

If this is the case I think I might upgrade to the USB version, it'll give me room for an extra drive on the IDE channel currently occupied with the CD :wink:

I agree totally Server Elements do listen and do try to incorporate the requests from their customers :)

I am quite sure that Vers 2.0 will contain a lot of the requests that have been made through the forums and via e-mails.

One little request Tony, how about a bit of news/info on what is planned for vers 2.0, there are 1 or 2 users who seem to be moving to other systems because they can't get the facilities they want, maybe if there was some info about what is planned and when its going to be available people might think about hanging on for NASlite, the popular features at the moment seem to be a default gateway and some kind of media/music server. For me the music server would be great, if the ability to install twonkyvision was available I'd pay you double for a new NASlite media version :lol:

Thanks again for listening and reacting to what your customers want, NASlite just gets bettter and better with each upgrade 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:48 am 

Hi wilbur,

yep does exactly that. I have just downloaded and installed the kicker floppy on an old dell optiplex that did not support booting from usb drive. Had it up and running in minutes (although couldnt format the usb drive when running the NAS cd on my windows pc..strange).

Licensing question..if I was to build a nas box using either of the versions and sell it...what implication is there ?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

BTW, The credit for the Kicker floppy should go to lusid since he was the one to get a prototype working ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:23 am 
Well done to lusid for his early work! on the kicker.

Tony, how about a little bit of info on Naslite v2?

Eden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:01 am 

Thanks Tony.