NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Naslite+ V1.3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:29 pm 
Well its here!! and I nearly missed it myself, just glanced at this link.

http://www.serverelements.com/phpBB2/vi ... 2f3399381b

Running perfect on my Box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:15 am 

I downloaded, and installed last night, haven't tried moving any files larger than 4gb yet but I will try tonight and post back if succdesful :wink:

Well down guys, you have changed your plans to incorporate an upgrade that was requested by your customers 5 stars for customer service 8)

Now about that default gateway and SATA support and RAID and Security settings and multiple hard drive adapters :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:10 am 

OH YAHOO!!! IT WORKS!! (and yes I am shouting)

Files bigger than 4GB Transfered by SMB! I have just copied (and read back) a 7+GB file! If there was a little dancing emoticon It would be inserted *here* and another one *here*

Now the problem is how to get finincial approval for the 250gb disk to transfer all the media on to it.....

Tony (and team) I am a happy Happy man! thanks

I have noticed that ther may be some changes to the way the web pages are updated eg I used to be able to see the file grow in size as it was transfered but now I cannot but that may be me. I will have to look into it

How to upgrade the CD version
Since I just did it though I would write instructions for upgrading but its not that hard
1. Download new version using the like supplied when you bought it
2. Write the iso to a new CD
3. Shut down nas (dont forget to eject the CD)
4. Insert new CD (dont remove the floppy)
5. Power On

and an additional step
6. copy a file bigger than 4gb to the nas just for fun
7. do a little dance.....
8. send a thanks to Tony!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:19 am 

johall wrote:

Files bigger than 4GB Transfered by SMB! I have just copied (and read back) a 7+GB file! If there was a little dancing emoticon It would be inserted *here* and another one *here*

Now the problem is how to get finincial approval for the 250gb disk to transfer all the media on to it.....

The line I always use is "I've had it ages" for the technical stuff inside boxes it works everytime :wink: but I'm not sure Mrs Wilbur fell for it when my 42" plasma went on the wall :lol:

I have some high def movies I want to try to copy across tonight so I'm glad you had some success, fingers crossed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:23 am 
wilbur wrote:
johall wrote:

The line I always use is "I've had it ages" for the technical stuff inside boxes it works everytime :wink: but I'm not sure Mrs Wilbur fell for it when my 42" plasma went on the wall :lol:

I have some high def movies I want to try to copy across tonight so I'm glad you had some success, fingers crossed

Well I will be investing in some larger drives. trasfering very large files to the NAS.

The trick i employ is, say i need a really expensive item, let her think about it for a while, then i say well i can get it cheaper! works all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:27 pm 

johall,
Quote:
I have noticed that ther may be some changes to the way the web pages are updated eg I used to be able to see the file grow in size as it was transfered but now I cannot but that may be me. I will have to look into it

I noticed that as well. It reports the file size as whatever it is from the source not what it is on the target while it's copying. That doesn't bother me so much as long as the file ends up on the target drive intact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:13 am 

Yep I saw the same too.... and dosen't bother me either but I noticed it when I was waiting for my 7gb file to copy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

If you are describing the file size as shown in the destination pane of explorer, then that would be normal due to file space is allocation.