NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:54 am 

Hi

I read a little while ago, that users of NASLite+ will have the possibility to download the USB version when it became available, is that correct?

What are the bugfixes in this version, do you have a changelog?

Keep up the good work.

/FAF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 am 
Site Admin

NASLite+ for USB Flash is marketed as a completely different product than NASLite+ CD-ROM version. It targets different hardware and is distributed with a utility necessary for USB Flash programming.

We realize that many people will modify and change their hardware with time, and that is why we felt it was necessary to introduce the Server Suite. It will effectively allow you to pick-and-choose what version you use where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:52 am 

Only these same line it seems that server suite is meant for upgrading.

Say you come out with a version that support a pci ide controller. If we purchase the server suite, will future products be free to download.

I am a NASLITE+ customer and really like your software. IT is great.

Since I have a verson of NAS running now, I will wait to upgrade if those are intended to be a seperate products as well.

Any way Keep up the good work guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:02 pm 

Tony wrote:
NASLite+ for USB Flash is marketed as a completely different product than NASLite+ CD-ROM version. It targets different hardware and is distributed with a utility necessary for USB Flash programming.

We realize that many people will modify and change their hardware with time, and that is why we felt it was necessary to introduce the Server Suite. It will effectively allow you to pick-and-choose what version you use where.

I welcome the USB Flash version and the availability of the Server Suite.

However, having purchased NAS Lite+ less than a month ago, I am wondering what upgrade policy you have in place for existing customers who have already purchased + and would like to upgrade to the suite.

Certainly, you would consider such request to recognize exisiting customers who are supporting your product and its continued development.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 pm 

Berg wrote:
Tony wrote:

I welcome the USB Flash version and the availability of the Server Suite.

However, having purchased NAS Lite+ less than a month ago, I am wondering what upgrade policy you have in place for existing customers who have already purchased + and would like to upgrade to the suite.

Certainly, you would consider such request to recognize exisiting customers who are supporting your product and its continued development.

Thank you.

Let me add my $.02 also - having just purchased - I would have waited had I known USB was coming. An upgrade path for people having bought in the last 90 days or so would be a great idea, and generate additional income. Thanks for listing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:26 pm 

I bought a month ago as well. I am not sure I would have waited though. I guess if I figured out early how to make a floppy disk for free I would have, but only after I bought the naslite+ did I mess around with the floppies.

I am pretty interest in the usb product, but think I will wait awhile now to see if I can get atleast one upgrade. Also kind of waiting around to see if there will be once with an additional pci ide controller support. Once there is this software will be very awesome. pretty awesome already, just need to get rid of the cd rom stealing a ide connection. I think once I fill my drives up I will downgrade to the slower free floppy version. Once it is filled there will not be as much of a need for super fast transfers.

I would probably upgrade to usb tomorrow if there was a discount for the newer members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:20 am 
Site Admin

We realize that it is of importance to recognize the support of existing Server Elements customers by providing a mechanism to purchase additional Server Elements products at a reduced cost. During the next few days we will be working diligently on providing the necessary facilities to accommodate such conditions.

Thanks everyone for your patience and your support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 am 

Tony wrote:
During the next few days we will be working diligently on providing the necessary facilities to accommodate such conditions.

Thanks everyone for your patience and your support.

That's great news. Thanks Tony.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:24 pm 

I not sure where to post this topic but figured here might get the most views and responses.

I was wondering what your future developement goals were. Particulary where this software is headed in the next few months. I personally would very much enjoy more ide controllers in this machine I am running so my hope is that you are working toward pci ide controllers being supported, well atleast a few of the generic ones that were being package with all the large drives that were coming out awhile back.

With this support it is not as important to try and get rid of a cdrom drive, I probably still would get rid of mine, but 7 or 8 drives in a machine is very nice.

AS of right now I am currently running 3x250 which solves a good bit of my server needs (probably half). I could go to 4x400 but that would be very costly compared to 250's. I have several other 250's around just waiting for server service.

So I guess this whole post was about future pci ide controllers. I would be very happy with such a setup. SO just wondering if we might see a version that supports this in the near future.

Also about the server suite. Does that feature future upgrades like new versions. I might go ahead a purchase that if it did, rather than picking up the just the discounted usb one., because I know I will be purchasing a pci controller version.

Well thanks for reading this very long, kind of pointless post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

http://www.serverelements.com/upgrades.php

As promised ;-)

NOTE: Due to an oversight on our part, this facility was unable to properly identify a qualifying product. The problem has been addressed and the "Upgrades and Discounts" page is once again available for use.

Thanks for your patience.