NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Floppy disc problem
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:26 am 

Hello, Just started looking into making myself a large media server and figured linux was the was to go to minimize hardware needs. I wsa very excited to find this site. I bought the Naslite+ software today and I am having a slight issue with my hardware.

WHen I boot up the Os disc seems to boot fine, but it will not let me login as administrator. It appears like my floppy drive might be sending singal out that there is a disc in there. it looks for some setting on the imaginary disc, but then when OS final load login is not default mode, but instead is in normal mode.

I turned off my floppy drive in the bios and it let me login and change settings but without a floppy drive i can not save anything.

I also do not have acces to another floppy drive. SO I was wondering if it was easy to make a disc outside of the OS. Can I like make a simple text file in the same structure the disc would have been made in?

SO really just looking to make a disc outside the OS so I can give it a password so I can login properly.

IF this is possible can some one send me an .iso file of the floppy. SO all I do is open the image and look for setting to change. You can obviously sensor stuff like ip address and other specif info with just letter. Just let me know if you do.

Well hope that all made sense. my email is animatt@gmail.com

Thanks for anyone that can help me out

Post subject: did a little reading
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:15 am 

just read this post.

http://www.serverelements.com/phpBB2/vi ... 9c1e620662

So I guess I will check the floppy drive cable , and drive itself

Post subject: fixed it
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:26 am 

Well found my problem. I had the floppy cable turned around, how stupid of me, well sorry to waste anyones time. I still not totally setup yet maybe i will be posting again