NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Other payment mode?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:04 pm 

Firstly, I have to congratulate to this excelent product.

But I have a problem... namely: I would like to buy the NASLite+, unfortunately the PayPal system is not supporting my country - Hungary.
I just simple not understanding why, as Hungary now member of the EU, and our international VISA or any other credit cards are usable over the whole world. Anyway, the PayPal doesn't permit to create account.

I'd like to know, if exist any other payment mode.

Best regards:

Csanad Novak
Hungary

Post subject: I got it...:)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:44 am 

Well, Just a quick update. Altough it was really hard to find a solution, but I made it. So I got NASLite+ yesterday.
If anybody has the same problem just ask me. I found a Hungarian guy, who living partly in Germany, have PayPal account - and helpfull in such situation for a very little amount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:59 am 

not being a fan of paypay either , but i found i diden't need to create an account, i could simply use my credit card details and the payment went thru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:16 am 

Quote:
i could simply use my credit card details and the payment went thru

What country did you use rkirkman? I am also trying to buy NasLite+, but South Africa is not one of the PayPal countries, so tried to just enter my credit card details, and it keeps on rejecting them... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:00 am 

Rusty_SA wrote:
What country did you use rkirkman?

i'm in Australia

Post subject: Tha'`s the point
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:26 am 

rkirman wrote:
Rusty_SA wrote:
What country did you use rkirkman?

i'm in Australia

If you living in a contry, where the PayPal not operating, you can't use your credit card either.

So on, I'm thinking to starting an agency wich is solve the problem, and accept payment for all non PayPal country and processing throug a valid PayPal account..:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:16 pm 

sounds interesting - no-one else seems to be interested in selling the product outside of PayPal serviced countries, so you should have quite a few takers!

What is your proposal rkey?

Post subject: Woow...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:08 pm 

Well, generally that was only a joke. But if you are really interested, I can give you the e-mail of the guy, who helped me. He was fairly correct, count everything - including the commission of the PayPal and the commission of him - I payed 29,6 Euro, and the whole deal was done less than a week from my first e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 pm 

yeah, understood that your offer was a bit tongue in cheek :) and so was my request for a proposal....

I am using NasLite with 3x60gb disks and a 20gb disk, works really well as a backup device for my home network, and wanted some of the features offered by NasLite+, so am quite frustrated that I can't buy it!

I was thinking that there may be some sort of export restriction that we are unaware of? :lol:

ps.. I have some friends in Belgium who should be able to do this but quite a hassle to get it all arranged, so will go that route if there is no change to the PayPal only rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:39 pm 

I don't think there are any hidden export restriction. Firstly, beacuse we can download the source... :) Otherhand Hungary now is absolute legaly part of the European Unio, theoretical no difference between Hungary and Belgium - well at least in the status.
I'dont know what is the status of South Africa at the moment, but I'm nearly sure, that no difference between us.
As I heard, the PayPal guys are a bit uneducated, and simply not knows, wich countries are part of the civilizated world... :D
I was also read, that the chief of the europian headquoter of the PayPal declared: in a few years they came to Hungary also.
Well... I'v got time... :D