NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

NASLite+ Upgrades
The link provided to you at the time of purchase is valid for 180 days or 5 total downloads. If a new release is made available, use the original download link to acquire the newly released ISO image.

NASLite+ Initial Boot
When booting NASLite+ v1.x for the first time, make sure the floppy disk drive is empty. Review the NASLite+ v1.x User Manual for details on the initial configuration process.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 am 

With 2 updates inthe last couple of day I need to ask the question... what happens after 5 downloads or 180 days? Does that mean that I can no longer download updates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:55 am 
Site Admin

I just had to answer a similar question in email. The answer should be just as pertinent here :wink:

Quote:
The current release of NASLite+ is v1.4, which means that there were 5 total releases since it’s initial introduction in early January. That said, there should never be a reason for us to release more than 5 upgrades in a given 6-month period.

Initially, our policy was unlimited downloads for the given period, however we soon found that people were purchasing a copy and then handing the link over to the whole family. In order to curb that practice, we elected to place the 5-download limit.

I hope you understand and respect our position. Thanks for your support.

The NASLite+ releases to date are as follows:
    v1.0 - 01/07/05
    v1.1 - 01/22/05
    v1.2 - 08/02/05
    v1.3 - 10/04/05
    v1.4 - 10/12/05

Post subject: 6 months and 5 downloads
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:18 am 

So why don't you just charge a subscription of $50.00 a year for NAS+. Last time bought 1.1 a day after it was released and had to purchase again when 1.2 came out. I am assuming when the next upgrade comes out it will be another purchase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:13 am 

I wouldn't say do a subscription, but more of maybe a discount for those that want to double the time time frame. Not everyone will want/need the most up to date version, and the lower price point allows them to nab it w/o issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:12 pm 

Hello Tony:

Does the 6-months/5-downloads policy also apply to my contemplated purchase of NASLite+ v1.x if/when a MAJOR UPDATE to version 2.x becomes available during the 6 months from my date of purchase ?

Thanks,
:) Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:23 pm 

georg wrote:
Hello Tony:

Does the 6-months/5-downloads policy also apply to my contemplated purchase of NASLite+ v1.x if/when a MAJOR UPDATE to version 2.x becomes available during the 6 months from my date of purchase ?

Thanks,
:) Georg

Has this question been answered? Is there an ETA on Version 2? I'm not asking for a lockdown just an estimate. It has been a while since the last update, it appears that one will be soon.