NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:28 pm 

I have a 2-drive system with Disk-0 mirrored to Disk-1. I upgraded to larger drives by replacing Disk-0 with new drive and setting old drive (Disk-1) to mirror to it. After mirror completed, replaced Disk-1 with new drive and set new Disk-0 to mirror to new Disk-1. Everything seemed to mirror just fine. However . . . when I access either Disk-0 or Disk-1 (which are identical) from a Windows 7 workstation, the directories are all visible, but some cannot be accessed (some can). Error message "You do not have permission to access . . . Contact your network administrator . . . " When I view the HTML listing by entering IP address of NL in IE11, I can access both Disk-0 and Disk-1, but same problem with accessing certain of the directories. The listing: /Disk-0/ shows "NAS-User" in the user and group column for the directories I can access and "admin" for those I can't.

Obviously, I messed up the disk upgrade. How do I fix?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:00 pm 

Is one of the drives also a boot drive or are you booting off of say USB stick or a CF card?

Personally I would have used a live OS to copy and check the data from the old drive to the new one.

Ralph or Tony are better at this than I am. When I get into this kind of stuff I call a friend that is a Cray supercomputer admin and make him do it for me. Far less chance of a loss of data that way... I realize that you likely do not have that available to you and so suggest that you contact them via a PM and wait for them to get back to you.

I suspect that the permissions are wrong or you could have file names that are to long as well. Hard to tell with Windows some times.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:15 pm 

booting off USB after I upgraded to v 2.65 (yes I've been using NL awhile). Old boot files still on HD.

Newbie to forum. How do I PM Ralph or Tony?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 am 

Upper right corner, members, first page. Admin, Ralph, Tony...

Mike