NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 am 

Hello guys,
So may Naslite-2 has developed an issue.My current Version is 2.68 which is the latest.
I have 9 hard disks installed,all WD.The problem is that on boot I get random "checking storage filesystem" on different hard disks.One time its Disk1 another time is Disk2 or Disk5 and so on.. I know this check is done every X number of boots but this happens almost everytime I restart NL2.Also, I have x2 3TB Hard drives. One is newer than the other.An all of a sudden,the newer 3TB FAILS when doing this check. I have checked all hard drivers with other 3rd party applications/Live cd's and they are all just fine.

Can someone help me with this random filesystem check and failing one of my 3TB Disks?(Note.they worked just fine before with no issues,and then this random filesystem check started on all disks and also I get a fail on the 3TB hard disk)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:13 am 

dont know on the 3TB - but on the file system check - its been talked to death before - the more drives you have the more chance of a check - its possible to set them up so they all check at the same time or thereabouts - its also possible - from memory to set the check to anything you want - have a search - its a while since it was discussed - maybe a couple of years but there are threads

will see if i can spot them and if so post a link