NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm 

please help, i upgraded to win 7 on my laptop, some time ago and had not got round to using my nas sytem as its mainly for backing up photos and video, anyways today i decided to have a clear out on my laptop as im running out of space, so i attempted to copy over to the naslite 2 setup i have, this worked sporadicaly so i decided to google my syptoms, HTTP conection dropping and direct networking through windows dropping. the answer i came upon was that i may need an update so i updated my system to 2.67 now i can only connect through HTTP and not at all through network, i have been fiddling all day, now and trying tofind the answer on this forum but im now stumpd, could any have a update to what seems a common problem, perhaps my Mac freind is right and i should get a mac, as he says they just work!
please help
mike

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:35 pm 

did you get a new unlock key and enter it into NL on the configuration menu?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 am 

oh possably i will check that now. ok licence is same and my unlock code is good as i say i can veiw intermitantly though a web browser.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:19 am 

a while since i setup windows 7 but have a look at the telnet settings - control panel/programs and features - turn windows features on or off - there are 2 tick boxes for telnet - from memory they are both off [unticked] by default - again from memory the telnet client should be ticked - certainly one of them needs to be

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 am 

tony a wrote:
a while since i setup windows 7 but have a look at the telnet settings - control panel/programs and features - turn windows features on or off - there are 2 tick boxes for telnet - from memory they are both off [unticked] by default - again from memory the telnet client should be ticked - certainly one of them needs to be

Just some info ...
I am using Win7 with NL 2.67. The telnet features are both ticked off in my case, and NasLite works anyways. If I need to telnet into the NL box I use "PuTTY", but networking, file copying, etc works anyways, and I rarely use PuTTY.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:14 pm 

ok been trying some of your tips, i found that if telnet was unchecked i lost the naslite icon in the network map, other wise i just cant figure it out, im getting intermitant conection through a lan conection in http and no conection through network.
i wonder if its to do with, the fact that i use a linksys wireless router to conect the network then that conects to a virgin cable modem out to the internet.
mike

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:11 am 

worth checking the network and all the connections - may be a cable or a card fault - change the cable from the router to the nas box - wifi should not matter or i dont think so - the other thing to check or is always said to check is irq conflicts - make sure everything you dont want on the nas box is turned off in bios - and try moving the network card to another slot if its not onboard

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:31 am 

hi, much has happend since my last reply, i have purchased a macbook running mountain lion, so will want to hook that up but thats another thred any way been tinkering again, and i now have full browser access to my naslite in both win 7 and the mac, i got this by chainging the ip adress on the nas to 192.168.1.111 instead of 105. so im thinking my problem of not having access to nas in network is network related, my network seems to be called WORKGROUP this seems to transpond to the win 7 machines as well how do i fined out what its called in windows? as this is what its called in the nas settings. and also the naslite behaves the same way on the mac telling me i HOLD IT! i just went to find it and in the shared section it shows two naslite 2 connections 1, called naslite-2 which behaves same as on win 7, and 2, called NASlite-2 AFP which behaves perfect i can interact perfectly with all my files and this is on a mac. perhaps its becouse the names are different, not sure if the caps in the name affect it or not
mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm 

mikaj wrote:
hi, much has happend since my last reply, i have purchased a macbook running mountain lion, so will want to hook that up but thats another thred any way been tinkering again, and i now have full browser access to my naslite in both win 7 and the mac, i got this by chainging the ip adress on the nas to 192.168.1.111 instead of 105. so im thinking my problem of not having access to nas in network is network related, my network seems to be called WORKGROUP this seems to transpond to the win 7 machines as well how do i fined out what its called in windows? as this is what its called in the nas settings. and also the naslite behaves the same way on the mac telling me i HOLD IT! i just went to find it and in the shared section it shows two naslite 2 connections 1, called naslite-2 which behaves same as on win 7, and 2, called NASlite-2 AFP which behaves perfect i can interact perfectly with all my files and this is on a mac. perhaps its becouse the names are different, not sure if the caps in the name affect it or not
mike

click start
right click my computer / properties
lower half of the screen: settings for computername, domain and workgroup