NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm 

I am trying to install NASLite-2 v. 2.65 on a machine that has worked flawlessly using v. 2.40 since 2007 and only now failed due to recent Windows XP security upgrade. I paid a new fee and downloaded a version, presumably v2.65, this morning from server elements web site. I saved the download to a CD as an .iso image. My server will not boot from it with or without the configuration disk in the floppy slot. I get a message: BOOT Failure, press any key to reboot. That's it no other messages.

When I put the NASLite version 2.40 disk back in my CDROM reader and put its configuration diskette in the floppy drive, everything boots OK, but I am back to v 2.40 with the security upgrade problem.

What can the problem be?

Floyd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:20 pm 

hmmmm looks like a bad image or a bad burn - try another download and/or another burn to cd - use a CDRW - its easier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm 

Well, I burned another copy but this time used a different burner program to burn the .iso image. This time it worked. Just a small hassel getting back up on my local network, but now all is well. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 am 

Floyd wrote:
I burned another copy but this time used a different burner program to burn the .iso image.
Hi,

Usually, the problem comes from copying the ISO file to the CD (as if it was any usual .doc, .pdf or.mp3 file) which is wrong. You need to burn the CD using the ISO file (the ISO file being the image of the CD and containing many files already).

Nice to hear that everything is working OK.

Robby