NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 pm 

I have a currently valid download link for NL-2-HDD. I browse to the upgrades page. I assume that "NASLite-2 CD-ROM" is version 2.10? Anyway, I can not d/l it using my current link. I can only d/l NL-2-HDD.iso, which I already have.

Anyway, which version is 2.10 and how do I d/l it with my download link?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Your download will be the new v2.10 under your legacy license.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:27 pm 

There is no usb, CD, or HDD versions any more, they are all the same and you simply select which media you wish to install to. NL now has a unified installer starting with 2.10.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm 

Thanks guys. What confused me is that the download file is still named: SEI-NL2-HDD.iso

I do see that the isolinux folder has file dates as recent as yesterday, so I guess that's the new version.

Sorry to be so dense, but I didn't expect to see the exact same iso file name with "HDD" in it.

Carry on.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:19 pm 

Hi,

I too am a little confused here. I used my original link and got a message:

ERROR: THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED

The purchase of a Server Elements download entitles you to 180 days of free upgrades beginning at the original time of purchase. Past that time the link is expired and no longer valid. Although it is not Server Elements policy to do so, we often keep expired links in the active records area for a limited time. Doing so allows one to upgrade at a discount against an expired link. Check the Upgrades and Discounts page for further details regarding this option.

IMPORTANT: In order to access the latest updates you must first revalidate this link. Revalidation resets the timeout period back to 180 days and the download count back to 15 downloads. A revalidation fee of $4.49 (15% of original product cost) applies.

---------------------------------

Now I have absolutely no issue with revalidating the link. Heck, I might even purchase a 3rd license. But I am a little confused as I though this version was free to anyone with a 2.x license. Is that not the case? If it has been more than 180 days since the purchase, are users required to revalidate for the $4.49 fee, which is ok with me, just want to be sure this is what was intended. I have been trying to hold out for the Naslite-M2 release, but will probably go with this for now.

thanks for any clairification.

Manny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Per the email we sent.
Quote:
This is a free update for all CDD, HDD, USB users with valid download links. Users with expired download links may revalidate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:55 pm 

Having gone through the process, here it is in a few words. Say i own a copy of naslite2 hdd. I went to my download link and revalidated. After that i used the download link and downloaded what appeared to be naslite hdd but it WAS in fact the new naslite2.

In other words, any naslite2 you download from this website will be the new naslite2. just like mike said above, there is no more hdd, usb and cdd even if that is what your download says.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:57 pm 

Thank you Ralph. This clears it up. I would make one comment about emails. I never received this email. I have sent at least 3 requests to have my email information updated using the Questions and Comments section of the site over last 5 or 6 months. I supplied both my original email (which is no longer valid) and my new email that I requested ServerElements update in your records. When I continue to use the old, unusable email on the site "Upgrades and Discount" I receive the message below:

------------------------------------
Thank You
Your download link history has been sent to the following email address : silvamanuel@earthlink.net

Thank you for your interest in Server Elements.
------------------------------------

If I use the email I have requested my account information be updated to, I get the following:

-----------
Invalid Email
-----------

Knowing that you were comming out with Naslite-M2, I wanted to take advantage of any promotions or notices when released. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get ServerElements to update my email on file. Is there a process for this other than sending a request (3 times)? That does not work. I have tried.

thanks

Manny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Sent us a email with your new address.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:10 pm 

Request for email change has just been resent using "Questions and Comments" section on site. You should have required information to update records. If this will not work should I use ralph@serverelements.com?

thanks

Manny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Your all set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:01 pm 

Ralph wrote:
Per the email we sent.
Quote:
This is a free update for all CDD, HDD, USB users with valid download links. Users with expired download links may revalidate.

How do i re-validate for free? The only link on my expired link page is a link to paypal to pay the $4.49

I'm a little confused too

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:52 pm 

The update is free if you are within the original 180 day / 15 download period of NASLite-2 ownership. $4.49 for another 180 days / 15 downloads is a very reasonable price to pay for at least one update.

It's not as if you have to update to continue to use the software....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:33 am 

gotcha!