NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 am 

Hello forum!

I got this problem two days ago, I can not get connected to the server for some reason I don't know! It has been running perfect for as long as I can remember. I did connected a monitor and keyboard to the server to see what the problem is. When restarting I can not get passed the boot up screen for bios so I can't even get into bios. When removing the USB (I have NASLite installed on USB) I can get into bios and everything seems fine with no error but when I put back the USB memory stick I am back to the boot up screen where it tells me to press "Delete" to get into bios but nothing happens. I can't get passed this screen!

Why suddenly this change? It just stopped working!?

Any idea?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 pm 

OK
After removing all parts and install one at the time while booting, Adaptec Raid Card 2610 seemed to be the problem, it could not initialise during boot up.
Now I have one more error from NASLite telling me "configuration device" - "Unavailable" :(

I think I need to reinstall NASLite… problems there too... no CD-rom and I'm no PC user, sitting with 10TB of data I can not reach is nooo fun...

I would love to see more option for the instalment of NL using Mac and no CD-rom…

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 pm 

Ok a little update on my process, most problems solved here, with new updated install of NL, it is running, but the Adaptec controller card is dead so I need a new one as my MB can not attached 10 drives. I bought a new LSI controller card and that got me into new problems who is in next topic…. why should it be easy... ;)