NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 pm 

Setup my NASLite-M2 on the Acer Easystore H340 array. Wanted a better NAS software than WHS. But the DLNA doesnt seem to work. Under upnp Profile I selected DLNA profile. My Samsung TV picks up the Shares via Allshare and lists out the media files, but when I try playing them it just says "Not a Support Media" and these media are of type mp4, mkv, avi etc. Also Tried GENERIC profile but then in that case I dont see the files. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 pm 

It is very likely that the issue is with the type of video files and the underlying compression formats. The monitor may only play a very few and in this case would require that you transcode them to a format that the monitor can decode and display. Another possible issue is that there may be the evil DRM at play...

Mike

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:16 pm 

Mike, thanks for responding. prior to converting my Acer NAS to NasLite I had the same files on the share and was able to play flawlessly on my sansung TVs. The setup I had was Acer Easystore with WHS and had the Mezzmo DLNA media server installed. My Samsung TV picked up the files appropriately and had no problems in playing them. I was able to fast forward the media files too. Just wanted a better NAS software to serve my storage.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 am 

It seems that I have the same problem, I have a Samsung TV with a built in media player as well.. I just installed M2 (an hour ago) only to find that DLNA wont work on my TV either. If I set it to 'DLNA' profile no files show up however if I set it to 'GENERIC' the files how up but none of them are playable. I know none of the files have any DRM. My netgear router with MiniDLNA installed can serve files just fine to my TV and it plays fine with rewind and pause functions. What would cause this with NASLITE M2?