NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: License does not work
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:57 pm 

Hello there all,

I recently bought the M2 package which was great, small problems to get the email with the link but managed to download it after 1 day. After that minor inconvience I also found to install this software onto my desired computer required a IDE CDROM drive to be connected however my desired computer only has SATA and the software does not support USB CDROM drives... anyways long story short I manged to install to a USB stick and booted up. On registration however the software would not accept the License code that was provided.
I have emailed and left messages with the main site but it looks like they dont care for there customers at all. So as a last ditch attempt im asking here to see if someone else has this kind of problem or know how to solve it.

Please if you have any ideas, could you please post them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:49 pm 

Make sure that you are entering it in exactly as it was sent to you.

If any hardware is changed the unlock code will need an update to allow the machine to work.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 pm 

how would I go about updating the Unlock code ?
I put the license in many times trying capitals lower case and the obvious "B" instead of "8" stuff too not sure whats going on.

Thanks for your reply thought it might help me to getting closer to solving this issue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 pm 

Just do a reload of the OS from scratch first, something might have gotten messed up in the load.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

grandmaster225 wrote:
Hello there all,

I recently bought the M2 package which was great, small problems to get the email with the link but managed to download it after 1 day. After that minor inconvience I also found to install this software onto my desired computer required a IDE CDROM drive to be connected however my desired computer only has SATA and the software does not support USB CDROM drives... anyways long story short I manged to install to a USB stick and booted up. On registration however the software would not accept the License code that was provided.
I have emailed and left messages with the main site but it looks like they dont care for there customers at all. So as a last ditch attempt im asking here to see if someone else has this kind of problem or know how to solve it.

Please if you have any ideas, could you please post them.

Hello grandmaster225,

The version of M2 that you have is fully capable of installing using a SATA CD or DVD drive. The IDE-only restriction applies to versions prior to v1.60. Unfortunately, the manual is outdated and does not make that clear. We are working on updating the associated documentation.

The license code is automatically generated and will work. You must make sure that you mind the "0" (zeros). In some locales the keyboard and BIOS may be an issue, in which case omitting the "-" in between the license characters may be helpful. Those are there for convenience only and are stripped anyway. Other than that, we've never issued a license code that does not work.

As far as not receiving the download email, looking at your order, it was issued at 11:16AM EST on the 7th - 2 days ago. I assume you located our mail in your spam folder. We have no control over how your mailbox/mail client will route our mail. All we can do is attempt to deliver which our server did successfully.

We try to respond to all email and forum inquiries. It is a time-consuming task but we try and respond to all inquiries within 4 business days.

At any rate, I'm glad you have all the necessary information and will gladly assist you with any issues you may have with our product. Please retry the installation and post your results.

Thanks for your patience.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:22 pm 

I dont know what happened but i had to go on the website to have the mail sent again ... anways I have managed to fix the problem from the first guys suggestion I looked around in the options to to a reset. It turns out doing the reset to default settings will allow the License to be installed afterwards.
Im really glad that its working now. Im much happier to buy some more licenses now i know how to get them working. Look forward to setting up some more servers soon :)

Thanks everyone for your help with this problem maybe it can help others too with similar problems :)