NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: uPNP - PS3 problems
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:34 pm 

Hi all,

I've encountered some niggles when using the media server with my PS3 and if anyone can offer help or advice it would be appreciated.

H/W = IBM Thinkcentre, MB FRU#89P7935, P4 2.8GHz, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB PATA HDD, booting from USB.
NL-M2 set up for uPNP = PS3.

The main niggle for me is that when playing MP3 audio via the PS3 the only useable PS3 controls are play and pause. FFwd, FRev, skip fwd/back, etc either just don't work or lock all other controls except stop.

The NAS media server I'm retiring when I commission this one worked as expected wrt this aspect of the PS3 user interface.

The other niggles I'm experiencing are:
1. Playlists *.m3u simply don't appear anywhere, and they are in the Media folder/directory, and I have re-indexed the uPNP content. I've tried other playlist formats but without success.
2. There is no meta-data content displayed. All that is displayed is "-/-" where Album/Artist (or vice versa) should be displayed, and likewise for one of the other properties that escapes me.

I've tried other uPNP setups [DLNA/Generic/PS3] excl XBOX without success.

I'd also be interested if there is some way of generating dynamic playlists. I recall seeing some post on this but don't think there was a definitive answer.

Cheers,
Brendon.

Post subject: Re: uPNP - PS3 problems
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 pm 

Update: If left for about a minute after pressing any of the problematic navigation type buttons (FFwd, Frev, Skip, Prev, etc) the PS3 briefly displays a message that reports some sort of network error. I have no idea of what command type comms are over the network but it's almost like any command other than Play and Stop aren't recognised. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Brendon.