NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:41 am 

The Artigo does not boot from latest NL2 (2.6) for the same reason (netwrok device not found).

Mike, I'm not sure what you were advising me to do. If it's how to install a NL to USB stick without external CD drive, I obviously already know how to do it (I've been a NL user since the early days). If it's how to get the Hardware Detection Tool to a bootable USB stick, I've not tried this yet, but I figured if NL2.6 doesn't boot, there's little point in trying this...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:10 pm 

Ok.

I managed to "burn" the HDT iso to the USB stick using the unetbootin utility (http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/), and booted the Artigo with it.

Ralph wrote:
The HDT will render hardware details of the machine booted on, of most interest will be storage cards and ethernet adapters. Under the Kernel Modules menu, this will list all storage devices and nice cards found.

Immediate problem, I have no "Kernel Modules menu", and my NIC isn't mentioned at all, in any of the menus. Here are all the menus I have:

PCI Devices (22)
Disks (3)
Memory (2)
Processor
Motherboard
Bios
Chassis
System
VESA
Syslinux
Summary

The 22 PCI Devices are all unknown (something to do with a pci.ids file missing). There is no mention of storage cards or network cards in any of the other menus, they mostly list the vendor and version.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 am 
Site Admin

CORE3 should support the NIC in that. What's the PCI ID of the network interface?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 pm 

Sorry the Artigo is now booted under Freenas and in the process of transferring close to 1TB from my old Nasbox, process which will take close to 4-5 days as I can't leave the nasbox on all the time (too noisy!).

As I said all PCI devices were "unkown" to the HDT. I'll boot into the BIOS and see if it's listed there when the data transfer is done.