NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:12 pm 

I built a NAS server last weekend, with the idea of having a central repository for the zillion MP3 files on all the various computers around the house. I'm using NanoNAS for the OS on the server. After configuring the server, my XP machines immediately recognized it and could R/W to it. Sweet so far. Next to my main comp running PCLinux Gnome 2008. I can see the server, but when I try to connect I get a username and password dialog box. My SAMBA password is set to the same as my login, but won't work to access NAS server. I can get a resource list from command line in Terminal using my system/SAMBA password and "smbclient -L".

I posted the problem to the PCLOS GNOME forum, and have tried some suggestions, to the point I re-installed the OS to get a fresh start!

I've also got machines running Ubuntu Hardy Herron and Kubuntu, and I can't access the server from either of them. I guess at this point I'm ready to buy a clue! :lol:

Thanks
hh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:47 pm 

you need to connect unanimously and not as admin or root. Naslite does not prevent you from connecting because it doesn't do users. In KDE (Kubuntu) use the file manager and try to connect to smb://nasliteip. What do you get?