NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:29 am
Posts: 5
just wanted to verify that my thinking is correct before i take the plunge here.
i've bought nano , a long time ago, and have read its manual. but ...

i have a naslite v1 file server.
i want to upgrade it to nano nas

so,
all i do is boot my naslite v1x server with the nano nas floppy,
nano sees all of my disks,
i enable journaling on my disks,
i reboot the server
i remap the drives on client computers
i am a happy camper

basically, i just want to check that nano nas will apply journaling
to my existing drives non-destructively.

i've been using naslite v1 for a couple years now, and it is where i have stored everything for the small company i work for. i have 3 large disks in it, and my backup program just copies everything to each of the three disks overnight... it's my poor man's raid 1 solution.

i just need to know that if i boot the file server with nano nas, that my data will be safe since i don't have the resources nor the time to juggle disks and move 300gb of archival files around.

thanks,
michael hallsted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:50 pm
Posts: 604
Location: Texas, USA
mikehallsted wrote:
so,
all i do is boot my naslite v1x server with the nano nas floppy,
nano sees all of my disks,
i enable journaling on my disks,
i reboot the server
i remap the drives on client computers
i am a happy camper
yep.

mikehallsted wrote:
basically, i just want to check that nano nas will apply journaling
to my existing drives non-destructively.
yep
mikehallsted wrote:
i just need to know that if i boot the file server with nano nas, that my data will be safe since i don't have the resources nor the time to juggle disks and move 300gb of archival files around.
yep


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:29 am
Posts: 5
cool.

thanks!


:D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group