NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:49 pm 

We are currently looking into ways of providing a LOCAL HDD store for Video files created under MCE2005. MCE2005 requires a LOCAL HDD, not a network storage drive.. We have tried SC101 (netgear), but as it is none NTFS system, MCE moans - and files > 2 hrs of video are corrupted......... we love NASLITE+ and hope there may be some way to use it with MCE as a LOCAL type HDD store.

Any tips / feedback would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
MCE2005 requires a LOCAL HDD, not a network storage drive.

I'm not sure I understand the question. By LOCAL HDD, are you referring to a locally mounted network drive or a locally installed drive? Since NASLite is a network storage server, I'm not sure exactly how you intend to access it's storage disks as local. A bit of clarification will be most helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:18 am 

tranquilpc_UK wrote:
We are currently looking into ways of providing a LOCAL HDD store for Video files created under MCE2005. MCE2005 requires a LOCAL HDD, not a network storage drive.. We have tried SC101 (netgear), but as it is none NTFS system, MCE moans - and files > 2 hrs of video are corrupted......... we love NASLITE+ and hope there may be some way to use it with MCE as a LOCAL type HDD store.

Any tips / feedback would be much appreciated.

I run MCE2005 and have my music, my pictures, my movies and my videos (home camcorder video) all stored on my NASlite+, the only thing I do when importing the different media formats is map the drive under my computer first, then when you add media look under local drives and not network drives, you can then add the media in and play it without any problems.
I play ripped dvd movies and some HD ones through "my Movies" using the "online" facility and it works fine :) The music list and the pictures list take a few seconds to load up but once they're in they function well, and my media collections are quite large, 300 movies of which 100 or so are stored online, 35000 MP3's and 7000 odd photos :wink:
NASlite+ works very well as a media storage device for MCE2005, any problems post back
Best of Luck
Dave