NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:26 pm 

I've upgraded my NASLite box with a keyboard, mouse, screen and 3.2Gb hard drive. So far I've managed to install Debian to the 3.2Gb hard drive. The aim is to boot NASLite floppy edition to share the contents of the 160Gb drive already in the box and play the MP3s from Debian. The first part is working fine, and I've been backing up my MP3 collection to the larger drive. However, when booting Debian the 160Gb hard drive does not show up. I have a feeling it may be because of the age of the machine and bios. Does anyone with Linux experience have any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:32 pm 

I ended up heading over to the Debian forums for this one and got a quick solution. Typing fdisk -l /dev/hdx (replacing x with a,b,c etc until I found the disk) worked fine, and then it was just a matter of adding a line to /etc/fstab.

I've started using Debian to serve files now as well, so I probably won't be hanging round here so much any more. Best of luck, NASLite was immensly useful to me and you've definately got a good thing going.