NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A small request....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:02 am 

While I realize the pay versions have more options than the GPL version I ask 2 questions that come to mind....

1. In pay version, if you make a floppy, does that floppy incorporate the NL+_ features on it (manual fsk, smart disable etc.)

2. Would it be possible to add the manual fsk to the free DL if for no other reason than to make it more solid, and of course are any of the + modifications (such as ramdisk increase) reflected in the free DL.

IF question one is yes, the floppy that is made has the additional features then I am sold, however why would I pay for an iso that simply makes a floppy that is openly downloaded.

I dont ask to seem smart alec but rather out of total curiosity, my current config has no CDRom and the floppy works wonderfully but the additional checks, bells and whistles would certainly be a welcome addition.

Post subject: Re: A small request....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:02 am 
HarshReality wrote:
While I realize the pay versions have more options than the GPL version I ask 2 questions that come to mind....

1. In pay version, if you make a floppy, does that floppy incorporate the NL+_ features on it (manual fsk, smart disable etc.)

2. Would it be possible to add the manual fsk to the free DL if for no other reason than to make it more solid, and of course are any of the + modifications (such as ramdisk increase) reflected in the free DL.

IF question one is yes, the floppy that is made has the additional features then I am sold, however why would I pay for an iso that simply makes a floppy that is openly downloaded.

I dont ask to seem smart alec but rather out of total curiosity, my current config has no CDRom and the floppy works wonderfully but the additional checks, bells and whistles would certainly be a welcome addition.

1. The floppy version does not have the features of Naslite+ hence the +.
2.increasing the ram disk on the floppy is not worth it, naslite+ ramdisk was increased because support was added for file sizes over 4GB.
as far as i am aware support for files above 4Gb will not fit on the floppy disk.

The floppy ISO creator is to allow easy building of naslite floppies, have you tried making one in windows?

if you want to do a manual FSK then you could download knoppix and use that.

If you have no CD Rom, then can you not use USB?

Overal the paid versions are much better then the floppie ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:20 pm 

I think I was taken out of context... yes I could use USB the reason I asked about the floppy creator in the + version is I wanted to know if it would mirror itself onto a floppy (I will asume it does for the USB install). As for fsk using knoppix.... well as you clearly pointed out I dont have a CDROM :P

BTW... I have tried making a floppy in windows, had no trouble at all once I did a bit of reading.