NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:03 am 

on your site a lot of people complains about the problems with 4gb files using smb.

I understand the 1782 size if your floppy format. If you don't find a solution on a short term your prodoct will be dead, because at this moment, new routers containts or other samba serverscan be bought
for pinuts.

If you want to go on with your product find a solution, or your product will be dead in a few month .

For me it is now dead , because my router is now suportedd a webserver, ftp server and samba server in one product, which works fine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:42 am 
romorio wrote:
on your site a lot of people complains about the problems with 4gb files using smb.

I understand the 1782 size if your floppy format. If you don't find a solution on a short term your prodoct will be dead, because at this moment, new routers containts or other samba serverscan be bought
for pinuts.

If you want to go on with your product find a solution, or your product will be dead in a few month .

For me it is now dead , because my router is now suportedd a webserver, ftp server and samba server in one product, which works fine

The 4GB Limit is being addressed with Naslite+. It was developed to enable older machines to be brought back in to service as file servers. many people have put life in to a old machine for the price of a floppy disk. there is no installation required and to configure only take a few steps. its simple does not get infected with virus's and if my floppy screws up i make another. no instaling. unlike HD based OS's. How many file servers run off a floppy disk? Yes there are other can be brought, I think you forget Naslite is FREE! You say its dead, sorry but free products dont die, they will always be used. people like free. A few of my friends have old machines that was just gathering dust. they are now is use. When i told them they could use them as file servers they said they know nothing about linnux etc. and no idea how to install the os. when i told them it requires a floppy and change about 3 settings. they was up and running in a few mins. If naslite dont do as you want them use something else. No one forces you to use the product. And if you read the forums you will see why there is a 4gb limit on the floppy version. Tony and Ralph have listened to comments regarding the limit and very soon Naslite + will be free from it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:42 am 

romorio wrote:

for pinuts.

See now I found it much easier to ask Tony or Ralph about a problem or idea I had that I felt would make NASlite a better product rather than be-little their product, and and every time I got a response quickly and openly from the Server Elements team, sometimes it was a yes good idea it'll be in the next release :wink: and sometimes I got a nope never gonna happen :( but you will always get an answer, to post a thread stating a product with an ongoing improvement model is "dead" is out of order :roll: if you check the forums as edenq said the 4gb limit with SMB is being addressed, and as so many people have asked politley about it Tony and Ralph have decided to fast track the solution forward into another release for vers 1.* If you don't like NASlite go buy something else if you have some critiscm or want a special feature then ask the question reasonably for what you want and see what the response is.

Tony this sort of thread might be avoided if there was a bit of a forward schedule for what improvements are planned for when :) And hey man we're not going to hold you to it :wink: just a thought 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:28 am 
Naslite+ V1.3 is now out, if you require to use files sizes above 4GB I suggest you upgrade to Naslite+

http://www.serverelements.com/phpBB2/vi ... 090798e4e8

The file size regarding Naslite+ is no longer a issue.