NASLite Network Attached Storage

www.serverelements.com
Task-specific simplicity with low hardware requirements.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:06 pm 

I am thinking about this prior to trying it so shoot me down if its already the case.

When telnetting to the box and configuring disks you have the option of 1-4 and your warning. How hard would it be to setup so the system places an "I" next to a drive already in use. I ask this as I am getting ready to add another drive (I have a 30 online already) and if one has data already there and screws up the jumpers or cable positioning (I say that since the system doesnt make use of on-board bios so I dont know what rules apply) then you know which drives are in fact already configured.

Or even a drive stat screen option to display drive information so you dont accidentally zap the wrong one.

Primary Master (ST340823A) etc.

I'll be holding out for a bit since I want to make sure that the software is still bound by jumper settings before I screw up and kill my already existing data LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:14 pm 

NasLite creates HTML files with data about the drives. These files are available on the 'Disks' and the 'Info' share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:36 pm 

Correct, however I was refering to the telnet menus where you can actually kill your system if you do the wrong thing. The html area is more like a specators area and as such cant really do harm there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:25 am 

Also, on a seperate note... perhaps less painful

the html interface where it lists "System Info" and it has each of the drives... what are the odds (or how could I open the thing to make akterations) so that beneath it lists the total storage and used/free statistics?